Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Worries

Today was weird. Honestly not sure what I did. I felt so unproductive. I woke up wrote a couple of blogs, then went to my class, ate lunch, went to more class, then the gym and then apartment hunting. That was stressful. My dad lost his job back in December, so I need somewhere cheap. My roommate Sam and I went to this one place: OUT OF OUR PRICE RANGE! As I was getting discouraged, I called my friend and asked her about her place. She basically told me that although it was in my price range, I should not live there because of the roaches and how horrible the owner was with fixing maintenance problems. Great. So I can't afford somewhere nice, and the place I can afford has roaches and maintenance problems. With discouragement welling up within me, Sam and I decided we needed dinner. Over dinner I was honest with her about how money was tight, she said she understood and that we would keep looking. We stopped by Brookstone Village. It was in our price range and still nice, so even if we don’t end up at Brookstone, we had a good heart to heart conversation where we could both be honest with each other and compromise, realizing that there are still more options to look into. God has a plan for me and Sam next fall. We just have to trust him.

Matthew 6:25-34

25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life[b]?...31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own


God I have so much to do. Please help me to not stress, but rather focus and get it done, not worrying about housing or everything else that is on my plate. Help me to give it all to you, and as you get it all done according to your plan help me give you the glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment