Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My Everything

Although that story is recent to my blog, it was sent out over Facebook April 9th. Recently there have been some changes. My friend’s dad is not doing well. Although we were sure of physical healing it appears now that in a few days he will experience the ultimate healing as he will be free from his physical body and will be able to worship our heavenly father without restraint. Wow that is something God is teaching me. I think I know what is best, but his plan is so much bigger and better than I could ever have imagined.
Jeremiah 17. Cursed is the main who puts his faith in men. Blessed is the man who puts his faith in God. The heart is deceitful. Oh God heal my heart. Help me put my faith in You and that one day You will provide all that I need. Matthew 6. Psalm 27: 13-14. Make my heart and willing to accept your will for my life. You give and you take away, boys. You give and you take away, my youth. You give and you take away, friends. You give and take away, health. You give and you take away, everything I once held dear so that I count it all as lost. God lead me to the cross because you are not like the grass who withers and fades but your love last forever. Isaiah 40.
Then I turned the page in my Journal and I read something I wrote earlier but apparently skipped a page so I found today. “So today Im in a funk, too much on my mind. God help me focus on you and only you. Take away the distractions and show me your truth. Matthew 1:18-25; 6:5-18,25-34; 7:7-8; 8:23-27; 9:9,16-17; 21:21-22.” Ha. Thanks God for that reminder. Please do take away so that I don’t have any distractions and that you are what I hold dear. Forgetting the former things, not dwelling on the past because you are doing a new thing! Praise be to the Lord, the author and finisher of our faith. What do I put before God? God show me what you have given me that I hold on to too tightly and TAKE IT AWAY! God help me make you my everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment