Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Faith

K so I have a crazy story. God is so much better than I could have even imagined! The other night I was supposed to be studying for a test. I got on facebook and began to talk to a friend of mine who recently became a Christian. She was telling me about all God was doing in her life and so I shared it with my friend X. X’s dad had cancer, the kimo cured it, then it came back and now the doctors say there is nothing they can do. She says it’s cool because she is able to see who in her family is trusting in God through this, her little brother even asked her if she believed in healing. HA. This is where it gets good.
X has the words live, faith, and hope on her wall. She said she woke up in the middle of the night the other day and all she could see was God telling her to have FAITH and HOPE her dad will LIVE. If only the story stopped there. I asked her if she believed, she said sometimes yes but not really because it’s not logical. I told her I’m the same way. We talked about the man who asked Jesus “if you can heal my son” and Jesus says “if I can, everything is possible for him who believes.” Just like the boy’s father, X and I begged God to help us overcome our unbelief. He is the God of the universe, if he wanted to move the tree in front of Panera he could, if he wanted to heal X’s dad he could. We decided to head to the beach. While we were there X told me, the day she found out her dad was sick again she sat in her car and held her bible to her face as tears streamed down her face. “Why did I have my bible? Oh that’s right I was going to go to revival.” I began to laugh. God is so good. While she was sitting in the car hearing the worst news of her life, 400 Christians were asking God to move at revival. 1 in particular called me during it leaving the song “Let God Arise” on my voicemail. The night before, I had told this girl that I would be fasting and praying for her friend’s mom who had cancer because “I am ready to see God heal, I am ready to see God save, I am ready to see God move like we have never seen him before.”
We began to get chilly so we headed to the car, a minute down the road rain began to fall, then it stopped. We thanked God for letting us get to the car, and then asked if he was going to let it rain if he could at least wash all the pollen off. As we laughed and just enjoyed how good God was the rain began to fall and I turned up the radio… “and the cancers gone,” were the words that came through the speakers. NO LIE. She looked at me and goes “what is happening!” for some people it would stop there. Not for me and X. We came home and went to bed. The next morning I woke up and went to my 8 o clock. I walked by the first car and all of sudden realized “no pollen.” For some that would seem stupid, but it no longer mattered how, but instead it was all about the timing. God was so good! When I got back from class I ran into X again.
For the past few months she’s been seeing 9:11 everywhere, whether it was the time, how many coins in a jar, or a scoreboard. When I saw her she asked me to guess when she woke up “9:11” we laughed and I walked into my room. On my desk sat my bible so I picked it up asking God if it was really that simple. I checked Matthew, nothing important. I checked Mark, nothing. I checked Luke 9:11 “but the crowds learned about it and followed him. He welcomed them and spoke to them about the kingdom of God, and HEALED THOSE WHO NEEDED HEALING!”

No comments:

Post a Comment