Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Interpretation

In December my dad lost his job. Now his life consists of interview after interview, application after application, and constant searching. This weekend when I went home I asked him about photography. My dad and I love photography, and the two of us have taken pictures for longer than I can remember. I decided since neither one of us really knew that much about how to get recognized or noticed we should try it all. This weekend I started a flickr account. Photography has always been a hobby of mine and something I really enjoy. I love working with the framing, the lighting, and the subject, adjusting them to my liking in order to tell the story I want to tell. I love it. As an artist, I frame it the way I want in order to tell my story. However, that story will be different for everyone else who looks at my work of art. That is the beauty of art: interpretation. My photo will speak to me one way and maybe to you another leaving the true meaning of the artwork up to the eye of the beholder. Well if beauty is in the eye of the beholder how am I suppose to take pretty pictures of pretty things that other people will like? I’m not. I have no idea what you like. I just have to take pictures that say what I want them to say, and then let people interpret how they may. So that is what I’ve done, let me know what you think!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48973467@N06/

No comments:

Post a Comment