Friday, February 26, 2010

Complacentcy

Last night, I went to my friend’s house for a bridal party. She’s not getting married but is instead planning one of the biggest wedding events in Wilmington’s history. While we were there all hanging out, girls began to share about what God was doing in their lives. It was great to hear. I knew all of these girls, but had not really ever heard any of them share what God was doing. It was awesome, so much so that I just soaked it all in. Megan was struggling with anxiety and worry; since I had recently been struggling with some similar stuff, I prayed for her and gave her some of the verses that I have previously blogged about. Then Carly started talking about fasting and how God was teaching her so much. She continued saying how much of a blessing it had been in her life. God had shown her how she needs to move to be moved, and so she was: rearranging her day, reprioritizing her life, and even giving up food. As I heard her speak, I remembered my times like that with God, and began to long for them again. Then God reminded me I was the one who grew complacent, I was the one who changed, he still has plenty to offer. A few hours went by and some of the girls had to leave. The remaining four continued to fellowship and wrap announcements when suddenly one girl received a text about her friend’s mom. It basically said that her mom has had cancer and the doctors say tonight is the night. We started to pray. While the three of them prayed my mind kept going back to the passage in Matthew about fasting, I knew healing came after fasting. I grabbed the bible and began to look. Matthew 8 and 9. The common theme is these stories, as also seen in Luke 8:40-56, is that healing comes by faith. Last night I decided that I am ready to see God heal, I am ready to see God save, I am ready to see God move like we have never seen before. Are you ready?

For greater things have yet to come
And greater things are still to be done in this City
Greater thing have yet to come
And greater things are still to be done in this City
--Chris Tomlin

No comments:

Post a Comment