Thursday, February 18, 2010

Just Be You

So lately I have decided I am just going to wait on my guy, the guy who loves me for me. That’s not too much to ask so when I was given an essay to write about in class, guys came to mind. Recently my friend shared with me the song “Gimmie That Girl” by Joe Nichols. I long for the day that a guy tells me:

Gimmie the girl that’s beautiful,
without a trace of makeup of on,
barefoot in the kitchen,
singing her favorite song.
Dancing around like a fool,
starring in her own little show,
gimmie the girl the rest of the world,
ain't lucky enough to know.

Gimmie that girl with the hair in a mess
sleepy little smile with her head on my chest,
that’s the you that I like best,
gimmie that girl.
Gimmie that girl lovin up on me,
old t-shirt and a pair of jeans,
thats the you I wanna see,
gimmie that girl, gimmie that girl.


Once I heard that, I knew I wanted to include it in my paper. The message being that someday some guy will love me for me, inside and out, even if I’m not Ms Glamour. The more I thought I realized I needed another form of media saying the same thing. GOOD LUCK! But then I remembered the movie Sweet Home Alabama. Jake falls for Melanie when they were two youngsters in a small town with next-to-nothing, but Melanie decides she wants something more. She moves to NYC, becomes a designer, and becomes engaged to a Senator’s son. When she goes back to Alabama to legalize her divorce, Jake hates the new Melanie. He feels her trendy hair, constant make-up, and ‘better than everyone else’ attitude takes away from who she really is, and he doesn’t understand why she would want to change for other people when he loved her for her.

Why should I try to be somebody else, when someday someone will love me for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment