Sunday, February 21, 2010

Shame

So have you ever told a joke that no one thought was funny, made an inappropriate comment or just straight up put your foot in your mouth? Well, I think I’m the pro, this week especially. This week I sent a text to the wrong person. The text was about one of my guy friends, meant to go to one of my girl friends and well, want to guess who I sent it to? Yep. Guy friend himself. Talk about awkward. Basically my girl friend had been teasing me about how this guy liked me. I kind of liked him, but was trying to deny it. In the text I listed off four things he had done that night and that he had done them to both of us so it was no big deal, and I didn’t think he liked me. HA! AWKAWARD! Well today at church I was struggling with still being embarrassed, when suddenly I listened to the words of the song:

I’m trading my sorrow,
I’m trading my shame,
I’m laying them down for the joy of the Lord.
I’m trading my sickness,
I’m trading my pain,
I’m laying them down for the joy of the Lord.


That is what I’m going to do. I am going to lay it down, not worry with it anymore and move on. So what if I made a fool of myself. Nothing new. Plus, it’s over and done; nothing I can do about it now. I just have to lay it down and let God do with it what he may. Ha. Plus you have to love making God laugh with our stupidity :)

No comments:

Post a Comment