Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Distractions

I dont like him anymore! Friends yes, more than that no. He's a great guy, but not my great guy, not now. God has really been asking me to put my money where my mouth is in that I always say that I want God to be my everything, but I always want God and boys, God and friends, etc. It really has been convicting and even lonely at times as I have learned to find my everything in my Savior. He is the husband who will never fail, he is not like grass that withers and fades but he is the LORD, who is like him? I have now decided God knows better than I who I need and now it is up to him to show me that person when the time is right. No more looking at guys like..."hum, maybe him?” but instead “how is that brothers walk with God?" It really has been an incredible lesson to learn. And the song Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing, a hymn written by Robert Robinson, describes exactly how I feel. The entire song is incredible, but one verse in particular describes my relationship with my Savior…

O to grace how great a debtor
Daily I’m constrained to be!
Let Thy goodness, like a fetter,
Bind my wandering heart to Thee.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love;
Here’s my heart, O take and seal it,
Seal it for Thy courts above.


God make this my constant prayer. Challenge me. Convict me. Change me. May you increase as I decrease.

No comments:

Post a Comment