Friday, March 5, 2010

Silence

Yesterday I walked across the hall and told Monica that I wrote about her in my blog. One thing led to another and we had one of the best nights of my life. It started when Monica left the room, and her roommate Kelly and I started talking. Monica has a funny story about a guy that looks like a guy I thought was cute. Now every time I see ‘cute boy,’ who is in a couple of my classes, I think of the other boy and well, I’m no longer interested. However, Kelly said she didn’t see the resemblance so we decided that she could have the cute guy. We then began to contemplate how the match making could take place. When Monica came back we were in full on creeper mode, so she joined in. I told them about this other guy, and we creeped even more profiles. Suddenly I noticed something…these two in particular were Christians. Not just listing themselves as Christians in their religious views section but covering their facebooks with phrases like “god is good, the good book, he lives in me, praise and worship team,” and various other comments leading one to believe they were not ashamed of the God they serve. I re-evaluated my life. I blog about what God is doing in my life, I even post Bible verses and songs about what God is doing to my facebook, but do people who don’t know me know me. Monica and Kelly know me, and as many people will tell you, it’s not long after you meet me that my Savior comes into the conversation. However, do people who don’t know me, know where I stand?

The flowers of the field
Are cry'n to be heard
The trees of the forest
Are singing
And all of the mountains
With one voice
Are joining the chorus of this world
And I will not be silent
I will not be quiet anymore

No comments:

Post a Comment