Thursday, January 14, 2010

Why I'm Writting

When I first heard that we were going to have to be blogging for my English homework I was like, "Really?" But the more I thought about it and the more I learned what a blog really was, I decided, "Why not?" I am someone who looks at everything and tries to learn something from it so that is how I'm going to approach this class as well. I will read articles and respond or sometimes just write about what I'm learning in my own life in my journey to “A BETTER ME.”

We were supposed to research two articles to find out more about what a blog actually was. Well I was on facebook with my friend and she told me she had one so I read hers. Now my job is to evaluate it. Well...I love Katie. She challenges me more than she knows. We go to church together, and reading her blog was so encouraging. She is very open about her relationship with Christ as well as struggles she faces, causing me to question my vulnerability with people. Do I constantly put on a front and act like I always have it together or do I let people know that I’m human: I don’t always have joy and laughter but instead sometimes possess hurt and pain, stress and loneliness? Katie showed me it is okay to write about those times too. My friend Stephie is very similar. She also writes about whatever she is going through that day. If it’s just a picture to describe a mood, song lyrics to describe a feeling, or a list of things to vent about, she’s real about what she's going through. She’s a girl just like me who is trying to grow in her walk with God and encourage her friends and followers to do the same.

Psalm 51:10-12 Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your prescence or take your Holy Spirit from me, Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

1 comment: